Enabling Automation in Motion and Control
At NSK, we enable you to pioneer new technology and increase your competitive advantage in your markets. Whether it’s Medical, Lab Automation, Semiconductor, Machine Tool, 3D Printing or Factory Automation, we innovate to save you valuable internal resources and time. We exist to improve your cost efficiency and increase your speed to market. We partner with you; the one-stop-shop for all your automation needs.
Expertise You Can Count On
Integrated Mechatronic Systems
Accelerate product development, simplify procurement and speed up production using NSK’s renowned mechatronics expertise to design a pre-configured, pre-built and fully tested motion system. Integrated systems utilize NSK’s core products and technology to ensure the high quality synonymous to the NSK brand, as well as locally-based Application Engineers to work closely with customers from design and testing, to installation and maintenance.
Americas Technical Center (ATC)
The NSK Americas Technical Center has been conducting considerable research, testing and analysis using a variety of analytical systems, and technological innovation in the field of mechatronics and bearings, including:
- Visual analysis of failure and fracture using digital photography and measurement
- Metrology using dimensional, coordinate and form measurements
- Chemical analysis using scanning electron microscope, compound analysis and particle counting
- Metallurgical evaluation of the microstructure and macrostructure, as well as hardness measurements, case depth measurements, metallographic preparation, fractography and steel cleanliness evaluation
- Noise and vibration assessments using internally developed software and equipment, in addition to advanced analysis tools such as Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), enveloping, and bearing fault frequencies. The labs also include 2 semi-anechoic chambers as well as noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) test stands
NSK employs cutting-edge friction control technology and precision accuracy to ensure consistently reliable, smooth and precise movement and positioning in the most challenging applications.
- Highest accuracy, durability, rigidity and smoothest motion
- Range include miniature ball screws to ultra-large sizes, with C0 to C7 accuracy grades
- Fully customizable ball screws manufactured locally in Franklin, IN
- Employs revolutionary tribology (friction control) technology
- Achieve smooth, quiet linear motion for various accuracy levels and load ratings
- Sliders/ carriages and profile rails are stocked
- Profile Rail can be cut to desired length for quick turnaround
- Comes in size 5 to 65 mm
- We have Linear Guides for standard quick delivery, miniature, wide rail, high load, etc.
- V1 High-performance seals and K1 Lubrication units ensure long-term, maintenance-free operation
- Compact, lightweight, high precision linear positioners with C5 or C7 accuracy
- Speeds up to 2500mm/ second and acceleration up to 5G
- Single-axis linear positioner that integrates NSK’s precision ground ball screw, linear guide and support bearings
- Options include the popular MCM series, high rigidity MCH series, and the ultra-high load, roller-based TCH series
- Linear actuators made for simple and easy integration into single or multi-axis positioning table
- Housed in a machine-extruded aluminum
- Designed to accept a variety of motor interfaces using standard kits
- Mounting plates and combining brackets available to easily configure an X-Y-Z linear stage
- K1 Lubrication comes standard to ensure maintenance-free operation up to 5 years or 10,000 km of travel
Ball and Roller Bearings
Motorized Ball Screw Actuator
- Elimination of motor coupling results in compact space-saving design and reduced assembly time.
- Compared to a lead screw, a precision ground ball screw offers higher efficiency, lower friction, smoother operation, no backlash, improved rigidity, and longer life.
- The higher ball screw efficiency can result in a smaller required motor package, reducing energy usage.
- Available with configurable encoder assembled to motor.
- Easy disconnect – field replacement of motor and/or ball screw is simplified, saving time and money.
- Motor and ball screw are combined into a single part number for ease of design and ordering.
Direct Drive Motors
- Resolution of over 2.6 million counts/ revolution
- Exceptional repeatability of ±2 arc-sec
- NSK Megatorque Motor/ Rotary Indexer delivers remarkable performance
- Ideal for positioning applications requiring high accuracy and speed in a very compact size
- PN/Z series is a pancake style motor that provides the lowest profile and highest rigidity for heavy loads
- PS series delivers high rotational speeds for medium/ light loads